Customers (whether they know what they want or not) drive new product visions. When we founded Adeptus, it was to address some of the clear gaps that startups and enterprises face in developing these new products. Startups and enterprises alike develop new products either as a ground up disruptive market force or as a constructive tool to effectively utilize an enterprises’ resources. Sometimes they aim to develop radically differentiated products and often times the need is to cater to the customer by enabling digital strategies like mobile, social, analytics and cloud.
- Validating their hypothesis with use cases
- Creating a architecture that the product would grow with in its infancy and then as it grows
- Conforming to the standards and practices of the specific technology or market
- Getting advise on a basic initial product roadmap, mockups, wireframes, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Making early stage decisions on how data would be generated, stored, analyzed and presented
- Using existing frameworks, existing solutions, interoperability, integration, interface development, etc
- Real world implications of these technology decisions in short, mid and long term
All this while when we worked with clients that were startups from accelerator / incubator program as well as Enterprises – we provided the most value in assisting with challenges towards:
- Selecting / validating a technology platform vis-à-vis the product roadmap
- Evaluating / recommending on what it would take to get to the respective product stage
- Creating / helping create a product development plan in line with expectations from their customers, investors and product owners
- Helping address the Mobile, Analytics and Cloud vision for the product
We understood the wish to keep IP in-house and the wish to keep engineering closer at home. Yet, the gap we help address continues to bring in broader as well as niche focus on how product development can be done in convenient ways that are unique & effective to each client, market and product.
What has been your experience? Any learnings? Any breakthroughs you care to share? Did it work out for you with outside expertise? Did getting outside assistance help see the product / development stages differently? …
connect (at) adeptus (dot) in