Well I am an entrepreneur now and building a business with just one focus – CUSTOMER DELIGHT. I will really do anything to make sure that the customer feels great about working with us.
Over 18 years servicing accounts and businesses taught me a couple of things. I am not sharing any wise words just throwing it out there for you to think about it:
- No business survives without a genuine care for what matters to the customer. Also please be honest and truthful.
- Smile for real, be cheerful even in adverse conditions. it spreads like an infection that is actually good for everyone
- Fight for the customer, even if it means lots of bad days at work. It pays to be the watch guard for the customers’ interests
- Be the first to accept a mistake and have the customer help you solve the problem. I had many customers but a lot of them only had me as a vendor. They are invested more in the engagement than you think.
- Propose mind blowing ideas (business or technology or personal). It keeps the engagement alive and growing.
- Money discussions are not tough, just say your concern with a real reason and both parties usually agree to a mutually beneficial arrangement.